At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel is looking for a Maintenance Planner at our Butler, PA operation. The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for taking lead roles in planning and executing planned outages including coordinating contractors, inventory, and work orders while keeping safety, quality, and production cost at the forefront of the decision making process. The ideal candidate will have maintenance planning experience, a high level of organization, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
- Assume the lead role in planning, executing downturns, outages and coordination of jobs and tasks.
- Conduct meetings with contractors and AK Steel management to review and evaluate scope of jobs, safety, pre-bids, bid reviews and interviews.
- Provide concise evaluation of present equipment and recommend changes in job orders and work methods to improve efficiency and cost.
- Evaluate work requests ensuring sufficient detail, drawing accuracy, detailed specifications and proper routing.
- Investigate and solve safety, quality, and production and cost variance problems and to provide root cause analyses and issue corrective action.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience in maintenance planning in steel or heavy manufacturing
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and provide direction to others
- Bachelors degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience in related technical field
- Experience in steel industry or heavy manufacturing
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.