At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel has an immediate need for a Shift Manager Operations at our Butler, Pennsylvania facility. AK Steel is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, primarily for automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing, construction and electrical power generation and distribution markets. The company is also an industry leader in employee safety, quality and productivity. Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
- Supervise and provide work direction to hourly bargaining unit employees.
- Participate and implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Previous supervisory and/or co-op experience in an industrial environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelors degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.