AK Steel is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and repair as well as determining root cause analysis of all electrical failures as well as developing plans for improvement and control system PPM schedules. Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Review and improve all electrical rules and guidelines for the area assigned. Monitor any changes in electrical rules within the plant, corporation, or OSHA. Implement these changes into area JSHAs and QSMPs. Develop and provide training to all electrically qualified employees in the area for any changes and offer electrical refresher courses from time to time.
- Maintain all equipment drives and control systems. Develop and maintain system preventative / predictive maintenance schedules.
- Lead and assist in all system troubleshooting and repairs. Determine root cause of all electrical failures and develop/ implement solutions to stop recurrence.
- Develop long and short term plans for equipment improvements.
- Plan equipment outages and upgrades. Lead maintenance, electronic services, and contractors during these plans, and on day to day operations.
- Work with contractors and vendors to implement large projects. Develop cost, benefits, plans for installations, and training needs.
- Oversee the Electronic Services employees scheduled for the department with direction from the Section Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology degree
- Experience with all types of motor control systems. D.C. motors, MG set controls, SCR controls, A.C. VFD from small HP to 5000 HP
- Drive tuning and installation experience
- Experience with ControlLogix and Reliance AutoMax control platforms
- Integrated control systems such as Westinghouse WDPF, C56, M5, mag amp experience
- PLC design, programming, installation, and troubleshooting experience
- GE Series 6 programming experience
- Relay logics experience
- Field service experience in troubleshooting, repairs and improvements
- 5+ years experience with motor control systems, PLCs in an industrial environment
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.