At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel has an immediate need for a Shift Manager AOD at our Butler, Pennsylvania facility. Butler Works is located on 1,300 and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly turn employees and implements AOD area goals and objectives.
- Ensure adherence to safety, environmental, quality and productivity performance standards in a Melting environment which includes a 175-ton Argon-Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) unit.
- Utilize a planned approach to continually improve products, processes and services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Make decisions relating to meeting final chemistry quality specifications.
- Willingness and ability to work directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Willingness to work rotating shifts
- Strong leadership skills and experience with the ability to provide direction to others
- Exceptional analytical skills for problem solving as well as excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering is preferred
- Direct experience with steelmaking and melting steel (carbon, stainless and electrical steels)
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.