At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel has an immediate need for a Shift Manager - Cast at our Butler, Pennsylvania facility. AK Steel is a leading producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, for automotive, appliance, construction and manufacturing markets. AK Steel maintains a relentless pursuit of excellence in safety, quality, and productivity. Butler's facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise, schedule, and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit that operate two double-strand continuous casters.
- Ensure safety, environmental, quality and productivity performance for the Casting department. Conduct safety meetings and make safety contacts and observations.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilize a planned approach to continuous improvement related to products, processes and services to assure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the resolution of equipment and processing issues through root-cause analysis and develop corrective actions.
- Coordinate the flow of product through the melting/refining/casting operation.
- Experience in working directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Strong leadership experience and skills with the ability to provide direction to others
- Exceptional analytical skills for problem solving as well as excellent communication skills
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Direct experience with steelmaking, melting, refining or casting steel (carbon, stainless and electrical steels)
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.