At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel is looking for a Process Control Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for supporting and developing new applications and programs in the Hot Mill. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations. Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
- Support existing custom applications and development of new applications. This will include computer programming and some system administration skills.
- Use computers and PLC’s to control process equipment used in the production and processing of steel.
- Analyze problems to find root cause. Involves some user contact to diagnose the problem.
- Be willing to respond to troubleshoot calls on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of control theory (PID control).
- Knowledge of DC and AC drives.
- Knowledge of PLC programming, specifically Rockwell drives
- System administration experience with a variety of operating systems (OpenVMS, Linux and Windows).
- Experience with web-based applications using a model-view-controller architecture.
- Strong understanding of relational database design and normalization.
- Understanding of multiple network protocols and topologies.
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.