At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel is looking for a Shift Manager Roll Grinding at our Butler, PA operation. The Shift Manager Roll Grinding will be responsible for providing work direction to department hourly union employees while ensuring a focus on safety, environmental safety and quality, product quality, and productivity. The Shift Manager is also the point of contact for all matters related to the department’s function during the shift. Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
- Supervise and provide work direction to Roll Grinding department and Bearing Shop Repair department hourly union employees.
- Participate and implement the Safety programs goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Adhere to the Quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Work with maintenance employees to prioritize and schedule repairs and to facilitate PPM programs for department units.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Significant operational or machining experience
- Previous supervisory experience in an industrial environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as required
- Associates or Bachelors degree in mechanical or business related discipline
- Experience in roll preparation/examination (NDT)
- Machinist certification
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.