Hourly Maintenance Technician
Job ID: R00715
Job Title: Hourly Maintenance Technician
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:15 PM
Job Type: Full time
At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel Corporation, a recognized industry leader in providing high quality flat-rolled steels to the automotive, appliance, manufacturing and other markets, is seeking Hourly Maintenance Technicians to join us at our Butler, PA operation. AK Steel is a leader in employee safety, quality, and productivity.
- Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical troubleshooting/repair of equipment
- Print reading
- Burning and cutting
- Rigging of equipment
- Operate mobile equipment such as aerial lifts, industrial trucks, and mobile and overhead cranes
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Journeyman papers or 8 years experience in heavy industrial maintenance
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Willingness to work rotating shifts 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Ability to meet requirements of multiple stages of technical abilities testing
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Competitive hourly wages with 10% increases each year for the first 3 years of employment
- Total earnings composed of an hourly base rate, incentive rate, applicable shift differential, overtime, and other premium pay
- Quarterly bonus of $2.00 for each hour worked during the calendar year
- Excellent benefits - 401(k), medical/dental/vision/prescription plan, 11 paid holidays, one week of vacation after one year of employment
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.