At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Process Engineer. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Provides engineering know-how in solving technical problems
- Researches alternative solutions as they relate to cost, quality, and production requirements and consults with colleagues, staff or operating personnel to assure proper documentation pertinent to proposed solutions.
- Analyzes component parts and investigates field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for new product and process design. Evaluates and recommends potential new technologies for the improvement of the facility processes.
- Leads in professional training of hourly support staff, to follow and adhere to agreed upon procedures.
- Develops, analyzes, prepares and executes technical projects. Compiles data relating to project assignments and presents summary conclusions to supervision.
- Develops effective working relationships with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance, Quality, Research and Technical Service to communicate the processing applications as they relate to cost, quality, production and safety standards.
- Attends various conferences, seminars and information gathering visits to other industrial sites to keep abreast of developments within assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- Continuous improvement, problem solving and strong communication skill set required
- Must be able to manage several projects at a time
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience required
- Experience in a heavy industrial or steel industry preferred
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.