At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Facilitate/lead root cause failure analysis as required, identify and support the implementation of corrective actions that mitigate risk, and ensure that all analyses and activities are appropriately documented
- Provide reliability input into maintenance procedures, standards and specifications
- Conduct regular and formal downtime analysis for critical equipment
- Identify, quantify and implement initiatives that will improve overall equipment reliability and performance
- Work with electrical maintenance personnel to improve electrical reliability
- Use root cause failure to analyze delays and breakdowns to direct and implement permanent and effective corrective actions
- Work with electrical repair vendors and suppliers to improve repair procedures and drawing accuracy
- Manage maintenance upgrade projects to improve mill infrastructure systems
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum 3 years of heavy industrial or manufacturing maintenance experience required
- Background in PLC's, AC and DC motor and drive controls, basic power distribution and relay board logic required
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office program required
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written as well as presentation skills required
- Strong analytical ability required
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportuniy rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement