At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel Dearborn Works is seeking a Maintenance Planner to contribute to the efficiency of maintenance and longevity of equipment and assets for the Steelmaking Department.
- Process all work requests daily.
- Write work order procedures for work to be performed to include all prints, tools, permits and parts. (This will require out of office investigation for procedural analysis).
- Provide CAMS personnel copy of work order and required tools and parts before work order is released. (Work order is not released until kitted )
- Maintain the work order back log
- Develop PMs that are credible and provide reliability of equipment based on manufacturer data, time based data and breakdown data
- Maintain the work orders to provide history for each asset.
- May include sub asset of equipment
- Ensuring that all equipment has an asset number
- Assist in the planning of daily work to keep the work force provided with enough work to cover 70% of allotted man hours available per shift
- Assist in planning and implementing work orders for project or capital improvement work
- Print work orders for all shift managers for respective shifts when work is to be done, in accordance with the DMP.
- Maintain and daily update the DMP for all shifts to include weekend and holiday shifts
- Provide technical assistance at job site as required for specialty jobs.
- May require actual job assistance depending on job being performed.
- Housekeeping in responsible areas as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in maintenance
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Strong working knowledge of water systems, crane maintenance, and power distribution
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement