At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Shift Manager. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Supervise mechanical maintenance employees within assigned department
- Maximize employee utilization, developing skills and abilities via training
- Drive continuous improvement through the maintenance organization in health, safety and environmental quality
- Maintain equipment to ensure proper function and reliability
- Assist in developing continuous improvement plans
- Develop short term maintenance plans
- Ensure safety and environmental guidelines are met and coached to hourly employees
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Mechanical and supervisory experience within a heavy industrial environment required
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Must have good computer skills (MS Office Suite)
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportuniy rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement