AK Steel Dearborn Works is seeking a Labor Relations Representative to join our team. The Labor Relations Representative is responsible for managing and directing labor relations; interpreting and implementing the collective bargaining agreement and promoting effective, fair, and professional relationships between the company and union employees
- Responsible for labor agreement administration, reviews disciplinary cases and make recommendations.
- Prepares for and participates in contract negotiations.
- Administers and interprets the collective bargaining agreement.
- Investigates and settles grievances under established grievance procedure.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of briefs for arbitration cases; may conduct presentations at hearings.
- Investigates complaints from federal, state and local agencies.
- Conducts instructional sessions for supervisory personnel regarding contract interpretation and compliance with company policies.
- Performs audits or compiles periodic and special reports on labor matters as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Labor Relations or related field
- Five years of experience in Labor Relations and Human Resources in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Willingness to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.