At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel is looking for an Associate Process Technical Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Associate Process Technical Engineer will be responsible for supporting and developing new applications and programs in the Hot Mill. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations.
Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
- Develop and optimize processes to improve product quality and product consistency to drive improved profitability.
- Monitor and analyze product data for customer satisfaction, quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Conduct trials, observe product/process conditions and analyze results to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Lead and/or support quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Serve as a technical resource for operations and maintenance departments.
- Collaborate with other departments to stay up-to-date on the latest technical developments to recommend and implement new products and processing conditions.
- Bachelors degree in Material Science or Chemical Engineering
- Excellent communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Specific knowledge of electrical, stainless and/or carbon steel
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.