At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Installs, repairs, tests, troubleshoots and maintains electrical equipment and fixtures
- Determines method and sequence of proposed installation of electrical fixtures and equipment such as AC/DC motors, control panels, PLC's, switches and transformers by referring to blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications or verbal instructions
- Assembles and installs switch boxes, conduit lines, wiring systems, panels and related equipment
- Analyzes failures of electrical equipment, using ammeter, voltmeter, ohmmeter, drawings and visual inspection
- Occasionally cuts or bores through walls, ceilings or partitions, using saws and chisels
- Performs repairs on electronically controlled equipment such as gauges and speed devices
- Performs preventative and reliability centered maintenance activities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Journey person's card OR a letter from previous employer(s) documenting eight years of industrial experience
- Must be willing to work any shift and any day including weekends
- Must be available for holidays and overtime
Selection Process Includes:
- General Aptitude Test
- Hands on Trade Specific Skill Assessment
- Trade Specific Written Test
- Hair Sample Drug Test - traces back 90 to 120 days
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.