At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Perform all maintenance functions necessary to maintain the operating equipment
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Be able to perform all aspects of mechanical work.
- Work with different trades in assisting as needed
- Will be required to work some weekends and overtime
- State of Michigan Journeyman as either a Hydraulic Repair, Millwright, or Welder
- Able to perform all mechanical duties as needed.
- Familiar and able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems.
- Good communication skills
- Must be open to working any shift, some weekends and overtime
Selection Process Includes:
- General Aptitude Test
- Hands on Trade Specific Skill Assessment
- Trade Specific Written Test
- Hair Sample Drug Test - traces back 90 to 120 days
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.