AK Steel is looking for a Process Technology Engineer at our Butler, Pennsylvania operation. The Process Technology Engineer will be responsible for driving profitability via optimization of processes to improve product quality and consistency. The ideal candidate will have superior communication skills with all levels of the Company and be self-driven to strive for continuous improvement.
- Develop and optimize processes to improve product quality and product consistency to drive improved profitability.
- Monitor and analyze product data for customer satisfaction, quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Conduct trials, observe product/process conditions and analyze results to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Lead and/or support quality improvement and cost reduction projects. Serve as a technical resource for operations and maintenance departments.
- Collaborate with other departments to stay up-to-date on the latest technical developments to recommend and implement new products and processing conditions.
- Bachelors degree in Material Science or Chemical Engineering
- Excellent communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Specific knowledge of electrical, stainless and/or carbon steels
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.