At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel’s Middletown operation has an immediate need for a hands-on and safety oriented Maintenance Shift Manager to join our team. The Maintenance Shift Manager will be responsible for supervising and provide work direction to our hourly union employees. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations. AK Steel is a recognized industry leader in providing high-quality flat-rolled steels to the automotive, appliance, manufacturing and other markets.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees.
- Assign manpower and equipment as necessary to repair and upgrade mill equipment.
- Participate and implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Assign manpower and equipment as necessary to repair and upgrade mill equipment via department resources.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Respond to off-hour and weekend shifts as needed to support plant outages and unplanned events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience supervising maintenance employees in a heavy manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience working in union environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems required.
- Must possess solid analytical skills with the ability to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in maintenance and mobile equipment repair preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and basic computer applications.
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Benefits including Tuition reimbursement and Bonus Program
- Outstanding growth and advancement opportunities
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.