Energy/ Utilities Shift Manager
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Energy/Utilities Shift Manager at our Middletown Works facility. The Energy/Utilities Shift Manager is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the energy department equipment located across the entire Middletown Works facility. This equipment includes various pumps, motors, and turbines on the various water handling systems, clarifiers, cooling towers, air compressors, water treatment, boilers, and associated piping and equipment. This includes assisting operating departments with coordinating isolation of utilities feeds and coordinating repair efforts for plant wide water, gas, and air as well as coordination of dig permits. Oversee the maintenance activities and equipment repairs for the plant utilities.
- Coordinate production and maintenance activities on a daily basis. Oversees maintenance activities and equipment repairs working within budgetary constraints.
- Supervise bargaining unit and contractor employees. Instruct personnel in job requirements, company rules and practices. Oversee the adherence to established company rules and practices with regard to employee attendance, performance, training, safety and any other required areas.
- Hold daily toolbox meetings and monthly safety meeting. Conduct inspections, review and revise JSHA’s and QSOP’s and inform employees on these changes. Observe and document safety and quality performance of employees, investigate and report on all accidents/incidents. Monitor department assigned safety area and report on equipment and issues that need repair or replacement. Submit a monthly Safety/ Housekeeping report.
- Inform incoming turns and upper management of any problems that were encountered or are ongoing.
- Position works primarily day shift.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. A technical degree is a strong plus.
- Must have a minimum of three years experience with operation or maintenance of industrial pumping and compressed air systems or steam generation systems or underground piping systems.
- Successful candidates will have previous supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership and communications skills.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining 24/7 operations and high availability of equipment.
- Directly involved in troubleshooting and remediating operational/mechanical issues within the plant.
- Ensure necessary tests and equipment inspections are preformed as required.
- Ensure plant safety, efficiency, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.