AK Steel has an immediate opening for an Inventory Planner at its Corporate Headquarters in West Chester, OH. AK Steel is a producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, and carbon and stainless tubular products, primarily for automotive, infrastructure and manufacturing, electrical power generation and distribution markets.
- Managing carbon steel inventories in support of automotive and appliance customer base.
- Making on-time deliveries and maintaining required customer inventories while maximizing inventory turns.
- Maintaining knowledge of manufacturing processes, cycles, yields, and lead times in order to minimize both freight and manufacturing costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, Business, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in inventory management is preferred
- Certification by APICS is a plus.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Tuition reimbursement.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.