AK Steel Corporation, an industry leading manufacturer of carbon, stainless and electrical steels, has an immediate need for an Inside Sales Representative for its customer service department at its facility in Dearborn, MI.
- Responsible for verification and audit of manufacturing order details, confirmation that orders have been approved for production, monitoring hold queues, managing data files for inter-company transfers, managing customer accounts, including setting up new customers in our data base, soliciting price inquiries, quoting prices, entering customer orders, expediting material through our plants.
- Being the front-line everyday contact for specific customer requests and status.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, with 3 or more years of manufacturing experience in sales, customer service, or a purchasing background.
- Previous steel experience in customer service would be beneficial.
- Successful candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and mainframe applications.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills, take initiative, have good problem solving skills, be detail oriented, be able to multi-task, and be comfortable working in a team environment.
- The candidates must be able to function in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.