AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Environmental Specialist at our Middletown Works facility. The Environmental Specialist is responsible for auditing and maintaining ISO 14001 Environmental Management System conformance within all operating units, and provide training on work procedures and audit those procedures being performed. This position will also maintain recordkeeping for all media including air, water, and waste.
- Complete the routine audit program, and responsible for distributing and explaining and environmental ‘red alert’ notices that might be issued
- Review data management systems for current work instructions to determine relevant information
- Review and update work instructions
- Confirm steps of work are being followed
- Communicate and confirm employees understand and are adequately trained on the Environmental Management Program
- Review and confirm proper use and implementation of all work procedures associate with monitoring and measuring equipment
- Review findings with managers and quality coordinators to clear up any questions or concerns
- Review findings with Environmental Affairs Manager
- Submit reports outlining the audit and include expected time frame for corrective action report and implementation plan
- Follow up with management for confirmation of corrective actions either through re-audit documentation , or both
- Confirm any documentation revisions or quality coordinator
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Be a certified ISO auditor is preferred
- Able to understand technical and regulatory issues
- Advance Computer Skills
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.