Engineer, Mobile Equipment
Job Title :
Engineer, Mobile Equipment
West Chester, OH US
Job Description :
Capital Equipment Engineer responsible for various functions including, but not limited to:
- This position is primarily responsible for the specifying capital equipment for Procurement including the preparation of designs, scopes of work, and technical documentation; the generation of cost estimates; assisting with the selection of suppliers and contractors; and the implementation and management of new equipment.
- Participate in technical investigations, problem review, new and proposed equipment and provide sound engineering evaluations and recommendations for proposed actions.
- Equipment includes but is not limited to machinery, material handling and transport equipment, heavy material and transport vehicles (possibly various rail cars), fork trucks and lifts, heavy duty mill equipment necessary for continued operations of our facilities
- Besides support from within Project Engineering, cross-functional team interactions with Purchasing, Finance, Transportation, and Operations Departments to generate scopes, specifications, equipment purchase justifications, and shop visits/inspections.
- Prepare justification documentation for management level approval
- This role will support all AK facilities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in an industrial environment, preferably steel industry related
- Ability to review submitted designs for adequacy in meeting desired project objectives, developing required scopes of work for equipment and installation, coordinating scheduling efforts, developing required operations/maintenance training programs, perform shop inspections and equipment testing, assist in field facility/equipment commissioning.
- Project management skills.
- Participate in technical investigations, studies, and root cause analyses and provide sound engineering evaluations and recommendations.
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget.
- Excellent communication, analytical and time management skills
- Strong computer skills.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.