AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our team. The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will provide technical engineering expertise for determination of the basic causes of equipment failure; the development and implementation of corrective actions; the development and installation of new equipment technologies and establish appropriate maintenance procedures to improve equipment reliability. The ideal candidate must work well in a team environment, have excellent communication skills, and motivate people. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Determine causes of equipment failures
- Failure analysis techniques to determine root causes of equipment failures and initiate corrective actions
- Assist in planning of equipment outages, down turn repairs, and preventive maintenance procedures
- Coordinate inspections
- Spares and inventory cost controls
- Perform safety and quality audits / observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards, or quality defects
- Assist in the development, review, and update of JSHA’s (Job Safety and Health Analysis) to eliminate safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience in heavy manufacturing preferred
- Experience with mechanical drives
- Experience with DC cranes preferred
- Engineering, mechanical and hydraulic knowledge
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving to determine root cause
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to lead and motivate employees
- Must be able to work extended hours to support operations during and outside maintenance outages
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.