AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for an Operations Shift Manager – Hot Strip Mill to join our team. The Operations Shift Manager will be responsible for supervising and directing the activities of operating employees in the Hot Strip Mill department. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, organized, willing to work a rotating schedule, work weekends and holidays in a fast paced environment. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Maintain supervisory control over work activities of the crew (operating units, crane operations, labor, reheat furnace, roll shop and shipping employees)
- Schedule equipment and manpower
- Assist in and/or direct crews in major repair outages
- Conduct daily and monthly safety meetings
- Perform safety and quality audits / observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards, or quality defects
- Assist in the development, review, and update of JSHA’s (Job Safety and Health Analysis) to eliminate safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years’ prior supervisory experience in heavy manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate employees
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule, work weekends and holidays
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.