Human Resources Representative
Job ID: R00813
Job Title: Human Resources Representative
Location: Middletown, OH US
Posted On: 3/13/2018 9:00:04 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Human Resources Representative at our Middletown Works facility. The Human Resources Representative provides services such as recruitment and selection of hourly and salaried employees, maintain the Human Resources database (HRIS) used in recruitment and onboarding of candidates, maintain personnel records and assist in the administration of Human Resources practices. Also provides support to all facility and company business partners through collaborative working relationships.
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as Internet recruiting resources, networking, advertisements, job fairs, and associate referrals.
- Execute all aspects of the recruiting and hiring process for all hourly positions: Monitor online postings, review incoming applications and resumes, administer and review pre-employment assessments and schedule and conduct interviews.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules and working conditions.
- Onboard associates and process hiring-related paperwork, including responsibility for E-verify and proper I-9 verification.
- Coordinate, plan and conduct new hire orientation, ensuring all new employees are aware of company values, goals, policies and procedures.
- Maintain employee files ensuring compliance with records retention policy.
- Monitor and analyze manpower and open requisition reports to determine upcoming recruiting needs and plan recruiting activities to ensure sufficient applicant flow to meet hiring needs.
- Serves as primary point of contact for questions relating to the recruiting process, including but not limited to online application status, interview status, onboarding and orientation status.
- Respond promptly to employees’ questions and concerns, or refer employees to the appropriate resource when necessary.
- Understand and comply with applicable employment laws including but not limited to; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Title VII and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement of human resource processes/procedures and current HR programs by reviewing external market best practices/trends.
- Develop and maintain professional, respectful, and trusting working relationships with employees and business leaders in order to provide effective HR support.
- Assist with the co-operative education and internship programs by attending job fairs and screening for qualified candidates.
- Actively participate in human resource projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent number of years of experience, plus 3-5 years of progressive Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience working with HR information systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to take initiative; work independently; and follow through
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels of the organization and work well within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- HR certification (SHRM-CP or PHR)
- Proficiency in Workday or similar human capital management software
- Experience with development and interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience leading complex projects
- Prior experience identifying opportunities for improvement, developing strategies, and implementing solutions
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.