Mountain State Carbon has an immediate need for Mechanical Maintenance Technicians at our operations in Follansbee, West Virginia. Mountain State Carbon is located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia on the Ohio River. The facility consists of one six meter battery and three three-meter batteries with a total coke making capacity in excess of one million tons per year.
- General mechanics, pipefitting, rigging and coupling alignment
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of common reasons for mechanical failure and the steps necessary to correct malfunctioning.
- Knowledge of the diagnostic, repair tools and equipment used in dissembling, repairing and installing mechanical equipment.
- Ability to rebuild and install new and/or rebuilt assemblies.
- Ability to weld, burn and fabricate
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, using diagram schematics and parts manual.
- Conduct preventative maintenance
- Operate equipment in conjunction with repairs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of two years manufacturing, industrial experience or related Associate’s Degree
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety information, operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekend and overtime as required
- Ability to work at heights
Mountain State Carbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.