Mountain State Carbon has an immediate need for Electrical Maintenance Technicians at our operations in Follansbee, West Virginia. Mountain State Carbon is located in the northern panhandle of West Virginia on the Ohio River. The facility consists of one six meter battery and three three-meter batteries with a total coke making capacity in excess of one million tons per year.
- Installs, repairs, tests, troubleshoots complex circuitry and maintains electrical equipment and fixtures
- Determines method and sequence of proposed installation of electrical fixtures and equipment such as AC/DC motors, control panels, PLC's, switches and transformers by referring to blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications or verbal instructions
- Assembles and installs switch boxes, conduit lines, wiring systems, panels and related equipment
- Analyzes failures of electrical equipment, using ammeter, voltmeter, ohmmeter, drawings and visual inspection
- Performs repairs on electronically controlled equipment such as gauges and speed devices
- Performs preventative and reliability centered maintenance activities
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of two years manufacturing, industrial experience or related Associate’s Degree
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety information, operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekend and overtime as required
- Ability to work at heights
Mountain State Carbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.