AK Steel is looking for a Shift Manager Hot Mill Maintenance at our Butler, PA operation. The Shift Manager Hot Mill Maintenance will be responsible for providing work direction to department maintenance hourly union employees. The Shift Manager Maintenance manages employee safety and environmental issues as well as assists in coordinating equipment maintenance within the Hot Mill to best meet the production department’s needs.
- Supervise and direct the work of hourly union employees. Plan, manage, and review their work performance.
- Implement safety goals and objectives by conducting safety contacts, observations, and meetings.
- Assist in coordinating planned equipment outages and standard downturns.
- Analyze equipment needs, ensure equipment reliability, and develop PPM programs.
- Manage equipment troubleshooting, repairs, root cause analysis, and equipment improvements.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving
- Experience in heavy manufacturing to include mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelors degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.