AK Steel Corporation, an industry leading manufacturer of carbon, stainless, and electrical steels, has an immediate need for a Senior Internal Auditor for the Internal Auditing Department at its Corporate Headquarters located in West Chester, Ohio.
The successful candidate would be responsible for conducting contract compliance audits, operational audits, IT system/application reviews, and the assessment of Company procedures and internal controls.
- Examine and analyze vendor contracts to ensure compliance with established terms and conditions.
- Conduct financial/operational audits to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, the accuracy of financial reporting, and the effectiveness of business processes.
- Prepare reports of audit findings and make recommendations to management to correct deficiencies and improve internal controls.
- Follow-up on reported deficiencies to ensure the implementation of agreed-upon corrective actions.
- Assist the AK Outside Processing Department with independent observation/testing of physical inventories.
- Review business travel & entertainment expenses for compliance with Company policy.
- Participate in IT system/application reviews.
- Work on special assignments or projects, as directed.
- Supervise other auditors during audits, when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration,
- Eight or more year’s related experience and/or training in auditing with a major manufacturing corporation or large public accounting firm.
- CIA, CFE, or CPA professional designation is preferred, but is not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Read, analyze, interpret, and communicate contractual and technical information relating to manufacturing operations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
- Have a working knowledge of personal computer applications, particularly word-processing and spreadsheet.
- Travel up to 15% of the time to perform field work on contract audits and assist Outside Processing with physical inventories.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.