Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Boiler Operator. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Operates and maintains high pressure steam boilers, precipitators, auxiliary, cooling towers, compressors, pumps and related equipment
- Reads and records pressures, temperatures, fluid levels and other operating conditions
- Maintains logs and equipment status
- Performs required preventive maintenance work
- Perform related duties as required
- Must possess and maintain high-pressure boiler license for the city of Dearborn
- Must have a minimum of a high school education
- Minimum four years of experience operating high pressure boilers
- Must be willing to work any shift, weekends and overtime
- Extensive climbing required
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.