AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer at our Middletown Works facility. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining and updating the equipment the BOF Steelmaking Department. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Responsible for the complete design of electrical systems for upgrades to new and existing equipment
- Responsible for the electrical system concepts, drawing development, equipment specification, system control concepts and flow diagrams
- Project supervision for electrical portion of systems purchased from outside mechanical and/or electrical equipment suppliers
- Responsible for all required programming, installation design, start-up, and final documentation
- On a day-to-day basis include technical support of maintenance in troubleshooting equipment breakdowns
- Responsible for Power Distribution from 480 Volt Substations to distributed Motor Control Centers and the loads they feed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required
- Minimum of 3 years of co-op or related experience in system design, programming, and startup of industrial equipment in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience with 250 VDC motor control and overhead crane controls is preferred
- Experience should include but not be limited to programming and implementation of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motor drives, Human Machine Interface, and industrial component networking
- Experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLC, Siemens S7 PLC, and/or Siemens and Rockwell AC/DC drives
- Experience in the steelmaking process is beneficial
- AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.