Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Master Electrician. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Hold Master Electrician license for Dearborn Works facility
- Supervise maintenance employees within central utilities
- Maximize employee utilization, developing skills and abilities via training
- Drive continuous improvement through the maintenance organization in health, safety and environmental quality
- Assist in developing continuous improvement plans
- Develop short term maintenance plans
- Ensure safety and environmental guidelines are met and coached to hourly employees
- All other duties as assigned
- Master Electrician License required
- Electrical and supervisory experience within a heavy industrial environment required
- Must have strong electrical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Must have good computer skills (MS Office Suite)
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.