ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will provide technical expertise for causes of equipment failures and improves equipment reliability. The ideal candidate must work be able to define and initiate appropriate corrective actions to prevent failures and develop and implement proper inspections, testing, and maintenance practices, work well in a team environment, have excellent communication skills, and motivate people. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Determine causes of equipment failure
- Failure analysis techniques to determine root causes of equipment failures and initiate corrective actions
- Assist in planning of equipment outages, down turn repairs, and preventive maintenance procedures
- Coordinate inspections
- Spares and inventory cost controls
- Perform safety and quality audits / observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards, or quality defects
- Assist in the development, review, and update of JSHA’s (Job Safety and Health Analysis) to eliminate safety hazards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Electronics or Electrical background
- 2-5 years’ experience in heavy manufacturing preferred
- Experience with PLC’s, AC/DC drives, instrumentation and crane experience preferred
- Engineering, mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving to determine root cause
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) and industrial electrical equipment
- Excellent communication, organization skills
- Must be able to work extended hours to support operations during and outside maintenance outages
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.