AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Operations Shift Manager at our Middletown Works facility. The Operations Shift Manager coordinates the Safety and Quality activities and oversees production of a production line in accordance with safety, material quality and production standards. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- This position supervises approximately fifteen (15) hourly bargaining unit personnel per turn and instructs these personnel in job requirements and enforces conformance with both company and departmental policies.
- Responsible for administering daily toolbox and monthly safety meetings for the hourly incumbents.
- Makes decisions which affect internal loss, retreats, internal and external customer quality, production and yield.
- Resolves problems created by breakdowns, schedule changes, metallurgical procedure changes, etc.
- Makes decisions regarding the allocation of resources necessary to solve a given production problem.
- Counsels and evaluates the work performance of the hourly bargaining unit personnel.
- Controls on-turn operation by coordinating the activities of the hourly bargaining unit.
- Advises Manager of safety, quality, housekeeping and production problems. Resolves problems from knowledge gained and coordinate with the Department Manager.
- Collaborates with Operating Personnel, Maintenance, Manufacturing Planning and Staff Departments to assure the efficient operations.
- Compiles turn reports measuring operating production, delays in production, hours worked by employees and employee absenteeism.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Additional education is preferred.
- At least 3 years of previous supervisory experience is required.
- Strong leadership and effective management skills to direct employees in efficient operations.
- Ability to evaluate problems, correctly focus the resources and make efficient decisions.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.