Human Resources Manager
Job ID: R00956
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Mansfield, OH US
Posted On: 2/18/2018 12:57:07 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel Mansfield (OH) Works is looking for an experienced, dynamic Human Resources Manager to join our team. The HR Manager will partner with operational leaders at our nearly 400 employee, multi-shift facility, providing superior full-cycle Human Resources support.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment and is ready for a role that is both strategic and hands-on. The ideal candidate will have HR management experience in a heavy manufacturing environment with a union-represented hourly workforce and a passion for people and driving change while cultivating collaborative working relationships.
- Manage the Mansfield Works’ Human Resource strategic initiatives including employment, salary administration, organizational and succession planning, training and employee development.
- Serve as a business advisor to the plant operations team in employee development, employee relations, labor relations, policy and procedure development, training, compensation and benefits and performance evaluation.
- Develop and administer employee engagement, recognition, and reward initiatives..
- Serve as the primary company representative with the local bargaining unit and promote and maintain positive labor relations. Administer hourly employees’ terms and conditions of employment pursuant to the local collective bargaining agreement. Negotiate with corporate team new collective bargaining agreements.
- Develop a strong relationship with all levels of management and employees by effectively assisting and coaching managers, supervisors and front-line staff on employment related topics and issues
- Manage the recruitment and hiring of the best qualified salaried and hourly personnel consistent with workforce planning objectives.
- Maintain and develop a strong HR team setting expectations, providing ongoing coaching, and professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- 10-15 years of professional HR experience with a high degree of responsibility in employee relations.
- At least 3 years of management experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Workday or similar HCM system.
- Knowledge and experience with Unions and Labor Relations.
- Demonstrated experience providing internal consulting to supervisors and managers on employee issues related to performance and development, including succession planning.
- Ability to manage competing demands and coordinate multiple projects/priorities in a very fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail; must be prepared to “roll up your sleeves” to get the job done. Strong customer service orientation; excellent communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Highly collaborative, energetic and flexible individual with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, while keeping those involved apprised of developments.
- Conflict resolution skills, with the ability to gain trust and work through others to achieve goals.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.