Process Control Engineer
Job ID: R00781
Job Title: Process Control Engineer
Location: Rockport, IN US
Posted On: 2/21/2018 8:59:04 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is actively recruiting for a Level 2- Process Control Engineer for our Rockport, IN manufacturing facility. Working within the Pickling Department, this position will report to the Operations Technical Section Manager to provide software engineering including software/hardware interface in support of process computing systems. This candidate will work closely with other Process Control Engineers, Process Engineers, and technical specialists.
- Provide software engineering, design and implementation for Level 2 Supervisory computer process systems
- Designs software process control systems within the operations.
- Makes enhancements or changes to computer process control systems already in place.
- Provides software/hardware support for operations and maintenance
- Manages support contracts
- Manage Several SCADA systems- a Data Warehousing system
- Applications involve real-time programming, distributed-control systems, programmable logic controllers, motor control and drive systems, and instrumentation and sensors.
- Develops effective working relationships with Operating, Maintenance and Services personnel to gather information, receive feedback and properly understand the specialized needs of their areas.
- Attends various training sessions relating to process computing programming, communications systems and control of sensing devices.
- Troubleshooting hardware/software problems and determining if problem is computer or electronic problem. Help electronics department solve their problems in relation to process computer.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (with computer orientation).
- Level 2 Supervisory Control Experience
- Knowledge/ Experience with Open VMS operating system, Oracle, Intellution
- Experience with PC Hardware
- Proficiency in Fortran, C or Assembly languages and understanding of operating systems is required.
- Possess strong analytic and statistic skills, and have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
Why You Should Apply:
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent Pay
- Medical, Rx, dental, vision benefits
- Company Contributions to Health Safety Account
- Incentive Bonus Program
- 401K – with Employer Contributions and Match
- Opportunity for career growth
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.