Job ID: R01012
Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: Middletown, OH US
Posted On: 2/27/2018 9:59:20 AM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Process Engineer at our Middletown Works facility. The Process Engineer. The Process Engineer provides technical support to efficiently operate the North Processing Department operation including 5 & 6 Temper Mill, Annealing, Corrective Rewind Line and Shipping. Provides daily processing information to the Department management so that sound management decisions can be made. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Responsibilities include safety, quality, productivity and cost
- Maintains all components of the quality system including control plans, FMEA’s, corrective action plans. QSOP’s, PMR’s, process change notifications, in-process specifications, G R & R analysis, SPC programs, and continuous improvement plans.
- Assists the quality system coordinators as required.
- Analyzes on a frequent basis trends to ensure that department goals for quality, productivity, yield and cost are met. Uses supportable statistical evidence to enact process changes when warranted.
- Gains a working knowledge of equipment and computer systems in the Department to assist with timely problem solving and process improvement.
- Interacts with support groups such as maintenance, technical repair, process computing and quality control to ensure that department goals are met.
- Monitors the affect of incoming coil conditions on the Department and reports information to management. Helps determine a course of action when incoming coil conditions deter department goals.
- Monitors the affect of the quality on downstream units and analyze the information. Use results to determine necessary improvements in the Department that will reduce or eliminate downstream quality or productivity problems.
- Analyzes reasons for mixed identity problems and recommends solutions to department management.
- Assists with operator training and certification.
- Provides assistance for evaluation of capital projects including vendor selection, scope of supply, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Provides necessary information so that department communications are clear and concise.
- Enacts process changes and improvements with approval of department management.
- Interacts with personnel at other AK Steel processing units to effectively meet the goals for the corporation and transfer information in a concise, accurate and timely fashion.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Demonstrated technical abilities based on experience.
- Basic knowledge of Cold Rolling, and Annealing is a plus.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Access and or Jump for analyzing data for problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills required for communication to various audiences.
- Must possess awareness of general maintenance and electronic procedures, safety and cost analysis.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.