AK Steel is actively seeking Engineering Co-Ops to work at our Butler, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility. Working within an assigned department, students will work closely with an engineering team, providing technical, administrative, and hands on support. The Co-Ops may work on a variety of projects, applying their engineering education to real world experiences. They will learn about steel manufacturing and gain invaluable skills and industry experience.
· Conduct or lead research, analysis, and improvement projects, related to department goals.
· Co-ops will experience customer applications of steel materials, as well as skills in interacting with many professionals. These include equipment operators, engineers, managers, and customers.
· Learn one or more aspects of the steelmaking process.
· Work closely with an engineer in all aspects of their work.
· Work on and or lead a variety of projects independently.
· Other duties as assigned
· Current engineering student enrolled in an undergraduate engineering program.
· Possess strong analytic and statistic skills, and have the ability to work independently.
· Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Solid communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.