- Total earnings opportunity is composed of an hourly base rate, a variable unit incentive plan, and overtime along with other wage additions including:
- Starting hourly base rate of over $12.78 per hour.
- 10% wage increase awarded on the employment anniversary date for the first three years of employment.
- Earnings increase as employees work higher rated positions.
- New employees hired in 2014 have earned an average of over $50,000 in their first year of employment.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Pension plan funded by the Company.
- Ten paid holidays.
- One week of vacation after one year of employment.
- 401k plan
Interested applicants must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.