Electrical or Mechanical Apprentice
Job ID: R01051
Job Title: Electrical or Mechanical Apprentice
Location: Dearborn, MI US
Posted On: 3/1/2018 8:57:02 PM
Job Type: Full time
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking Electrical and Mechanical Apprentices. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- In this program you will gain the knowledge and skills to obtain an electrical or mechanical Journeyman's card and perform the Maintenance Technician position here at AK Steel.
- High school diploma and valid driver's license required.
- Requirement of at least one of the following: Minimum of 24 credits in a manufacturing/skilled trades college curriculum, 2 years of skilled maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment, or 2 years of maintenance experience within the military
- Good communication skills
- Must be open to working any shift, some weekends and overtime
Selection Process Includes:
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- General Aptitude Test
- Hair Sample Drug Test - traces back 90 to 120 days