Process Control Engineer - Cold Mill
Job ID: R01059
Job Title: Process Control Engineer - Cold Mill
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 3/8/2018 1:00:05 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Process Control Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for supporting and developing new applications and programs in the Cold Mill. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations.
- Support existing custom applications and development of new applications. This will include computer programming and some system administration skills.
- Use computers and PLC’s to control process equipment used in the production and processing of steel.
- Analyze problems to find root cause involving user contact occasionally to diagnose the problem.
- Be willing to respond to troubleshoot calls on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of control theory (PID and PI control)
- Knowledge of DC drives (SIMATIC Drives and Allen-Bradley Drives a plus) and DC motors
- Knowledge of PLC programming, Control Logix, Siemens S7, Siemens TDC
- Knowledge of WinCC HMI and IBA Server
- System administration experience with Windows
- Understanding of multiple network protocols and topologies
- Steel industry/Cold Mill experience a plus
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent benefits
- Challenging work
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.