Maintenance Shift Manager - Melt Shop
Job ID: R01030
Job Title: Maintenance Shift Manager - Melt Shop
Location: Mansfield, OH US
Posted On: 3/8/2018 1:00:40 PM
Job Type: Full time
MAINTENANCE SHIFT MANAGER - Melt Shop
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for a Maintenance Shift Manager to join our team. The Maintenance Shift Manager will be responsible for supervising and directing the activities of maintenance employees in the repair and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, organized, willing to work a rotating schedule, work weekends and holidays in a fast paced environment. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Supervise and direct the activities of hourly bargaining unit maintenance employees.
- Participate in the safety, quality and environmental programs by conducting observations, audits and meetings.
- Identify problems, gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of prior supervisory experience
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Experience with high voltage electrical systems up to 6900V, AC/DC cranes and motors preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in a steelmaking facility and union environment preferred
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Bonus program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.