Shift Manager Steelmaking Maintenance
Job ID: R00719
Job Title: Shift Manager Steelmaking Maintenance
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 3/14/2018 9:00:03 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel’s Butler, PA operation has an immediate need for a hands-on and safety focused Shift Manager - Maintenance to join our team. The Shift Manager will be responsible for supervising and provide work direction to our hourly union employees. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations. Our facility is located on 1,300 acres and is a leading producer of flat rolled electrical and stainless steels as well as a supplier of stainless semi-finished slabs.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees.
- Participate and implement the safety program’s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings and audits.
- Assign manpower and equipment as necessary to repair and upgrade mill equipment via department resources.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Respond to off-hour and weekend shifts as needed to support plant outages and unplanned events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience of supervisory experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in maintenance and mobile equipment repair.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office and basic computer applications.
- Journeyman card: Machinist, Pipe Fitter, or Welder preferred
- HVAC EPA Section 608 Certification preferred
- Experience working in union environment preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement