Job ID: R00693
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:07 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Maintenance Planner at our Butler, PA operation. The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for taking lead roles in planning and executing planned outages including coordinating contractors, inventory, and work orders while keeping safety, quality, and production cost at the forefront of the decision making process. The ideal candidate will have maintenance planning experience, a high level of organization, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Assume the lead role in planning, executing downturns, outages and coordination of jobs and tasks.
- Conduct meetings with contractors and AK Steel management to review and evaluate scope of jobs, safety, pre-bids, bid reviews and interviews.
- Provide concise evaluation of present equipment and recommend changes in job orders and work methods to improve efficiency and cost.
- Evaluate work requests ensuring sufficient detail, drawing accuracy, detailed specifications and proper routing.
- Investigate and solve safety, quality, and production and cost variance problems and to provide root cause analyses and issue corrective action.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience in maintenance planning in steel or heavy manufacturing
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and provide direction to others
- Bachelors degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience in related technical field
- Experience in steel industry or heavy manufacturing
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement