Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Job ID: R00700
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 1/11/2018 8:59:02 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and repair as well as determining root cause analysis of all electrical failures as well as developing plans for improvement and control system PPM schedules.
- Review and improve all electrical rules and guidelines for the area assigned. Monitor any changes in electrical rules within the plant, corporation, or OSHA. Implement these changes into area JSHAs and QSMPs. Develop and provide training to all electrically qualified employees in the area for any changes and offer electrical refresher courses from time to time.
- Maintain all equipment drives and control systems. Develop and maintain system preventative / predictive maintenance schedules.
- Lead and assist in all system troubleshooting and repairs. Determine root cause of all electrical failures and develop/ implement solutions to stop recurrence.
- Develop long and short term plans for equipment improvements.
- Plan equipment outages and upgrades. Lead maintenance, electronic services, and contractors during these plans, and on day to day operations.
- Work with contractors and vendors to implement large projects. Develop cost, benefits, plans for installations, and training needs.
- Oversee the Electronic Services employees scheduled for the department with direction from the Section Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology degree
- Experience with all types of motor control systems. D.C. motors, MG set controls, SCR controls, A.C. VFD from small HP to 5000 HP
- Drive tuning and installation experience
- Experience with ControlLogix and Reliance AutoMax control platforms
- Integrated control systems such as Westinghouse WDPF, C56, M5, mag amp experience
- PLC design, programming, installation, and troubleshooting experience
- GE Series 6 programming experience
- Relay logics experience
- Field service experience in troubleshooting, repairs and improvements
- 5+ years experience with motor control systems, PLCs in an industrial environment
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement