Process Control Engineer - Hot Mill
Job ID: R00708
Job Title: Process Control Engineer - Hot Mill
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:14 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Process Control Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for supporting and developing new applications and programs in the Hot Mill. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast paced work environment with complex operations.
- Support existing custom applications and development of new applications. This will include computer programming and some system administration skills.
- Use computers and PLC’s to control process equipment used in the production and processing of steel.
- Analyze problems to find root cause. Involves some user contact to diagnose the problem.
- Be willing to respond to troubleshoot calls on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of control theory (PID control)
- Knowledge of DC and AC drives
- Knowledge of PLC programming, specifically Rockwell drives
- System administration experience with a variety of operating systems (OpenVMS, Linux and Windows)
- Experience with web-based applications using a model-view-controller architecture
- Strong understanding of relational database design and normalization
- Understanding of multiple network protocols and topologies
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement