Shift Manager Roll Grinding
Job ID: R00710
Job Title: Shift Manager Roll Grinding
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:14 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Shift Manager Roll Grinding at our Butler, PA operation. The Shift Manager Roll Grinding will be responsible for providing work direction to department hourly union employees while ensuring a focus on safety, environmental safety and quality, product quality, and productivity. The Shift Manager is also the point of contact for all matters related to the department’s function during the shift.
- Supervise and provide work direction to Roll Grinding department and Bearing Shop Repair department hourly union employees.
- Participate and implement the Safety programs goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings, and audits.
- Adhere to the Quality policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes, and services.
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Work with maintenance employees to prioritize and schedule repairs and to facilitate PPM programs for department units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Significant operational or machining experience
- Previous supervisory experience in an industrial environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as required
- Experience in roll preparation/examination (NDT)
- Associates or Bachelors degree in mechanical or business related discipline
- Machinist certification
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement