Electrical Steel Research Engineer
Job ID: R00558
Job Title: Electrical Steel Research Engineer
Location: Middletown, OH US
Posted On: 1/17/2018 9:29:38 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Steel Research Engineer at our Research and Innovation facility. The Electrical Steel Research Engineer will develop electrical steels and provide technical support to the specialty steel production facilities.
- Provide direct technical support to plant operations for technically elevated issues related to the processing of electrical steels.
- Support processing of developmental innovative products using existing processes
- Research and develop innovative new processes to more economically manufacture electrical steels
- Data monitoring and analytics of operating conditions and product performance for continuous product/process improvement
- Oversee and suggest improvements for electrical steel laboratory processing equipment
- Maintain and construct controlled documents associated with laboratory equipment and procedures
- Interface with customers, vendors, and industry technical consortia as required
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical, Materials Engineering with a minimum of 5 years technical experience with Electrical Steels, or a Masters or PhD in Engineering or Metallurgy is required
- Some experience with Electrical Steel is required
- Work independently and problem solve complex industrial issues
- Knowledge of process modeling is expected
- Fundamental computer skills such as Microsoft Office programs need to be complimented by programming skills (e.g. visual basic, SAS) and database management knowledge
- Effective communication skills demonstrated by the ability to write formal technical reports, make technical presentations, and communicate well verbally with team members
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.