Maintenance Shift Manager
Job ID: R00596
Job Title: Maintenance Shift Manager
Location: Mansfield, OH US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:33 PM
Job Type: Full time
At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for a Maintenance Shift Manager to join our team. The Maintenance Shift Manager will be responsible for supervising and directing the activities of maintenance employees in the repair and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, organized, willing to work a rotating schedule, work weekends and holidays in a fast paced environment. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Supervise and direct the activities of hourly bargaining unit maintenance employees.
- Participate in the safety, quality and environmental programs by conducting observations, audits and meetings.
- Identify problems, gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of prior supervisory experience
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Experience with high voltage electrical systems up to 6900V, AC/DC cranes and motors preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in a steelmaking facility and union environment preferred
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Bonus program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement